Dr. Joel Fuhrman , a board- certified family physician, author and Director for the Nutritional Research Foundation shares with us ( health coaches) what he calls the ‘ G-BOMBS ‘ ; the best anti-cancer, health promoting foods on the planet.
Now, we all know that eating vegetables is good for us. If you ask almost everyone, even the little ones, they will tell you that eating vegetables is healthy.
But HOW ” eating vegetables” can help our over all health?
Let’s find out! 😁
♥ GREENS ♥
🌱 Raw leafy greens
– are rich in antioxidant pigments called carotenoids, which promote healthy vision.
– inhibit angiogenesis which means they can stop the growth of new blood vesels ( for example a tumor grows because it feeds through new blood vesels).
– they contain a unique chemical composition called glucosinolate that its converted to ITCs ( isothiocynates) when we chew, blend or chopp them. ITCs are known to have powerful anti-cancer effects and reduce inflammation.
♥ BEANS ♥
– act as anti- diabetes and weight-loss food because they are digested slowly, having a stabilizing effect in blood sugar which promotes satiety and helps prevent food cravings.
– contain soluble fiber which lowers cholesterol levels.
– eating them along with peas or lentils at least twice a week has been found to decrease colon cancer risk by 50%.
♥ ONIONS ♥
– along with garlic, chives, shallots, scallions and leeks form the Allium family of vegetables, which have beneficial effects on the cardiovascular, immune systems and also has anti-diabetic and anti-cancer effects.
– lower the risk of gastric and prostate cancers by detoxifying carcinogens, reduce cancer growth cell and blocks angiogenesis.
– contain health- promoting antioxidants called flavonoids, more specific quercetin, that have anti-inflammatory effects.
♥ MUSHROOMS ♥
🍄 White, cremini, Portobello, oyster, shiitake, maitake, reishi mushrooms. – a Chinese study shows that woman who ate at least 1 mushroom each day had a 64% decreased risk of breast cancer. The risk decreased more, by almost 90%, for the woman who also drank green tea.
– anti- inflammatory properties, stimulate the immune system, prevent DNA damage, slow cancer cell growth and inhibits angiogenesis.
– the special thing about them is that they contain aromatase inhibitors- compounds that can block the production of estrogen. ( which in high levels is associated with increased risk of breast cancer)
♥ BERRIES ♥
🍓Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
– natural, sweet and juicy but low in sugar and high in nutrients.
– their vibrant color means they are packed with antioxidants.
– reduce blood pressure, inflammation, prevent DNA damage, inhibits angiogenesis and has been linked to reduced risk of diabetes and cognitive decline.
– are superfood for the brain ( improves memory)
♥ SEEDS ♥
– contain healthy fats ( omega -3) and are rich in phytosterols, minerals and antioxidants.
– help maintain weight and prevents diabetes.
– flax seeds have a compound called ‘ lignan” that has anti-cancer effects.
– pumpkin seeds are a rich source of iron, calcium and zinc.
– sesame seeds have the greatest amount of calcium of any food in the world.
Personally when I find out why and what foods are good for my health, I feel overwhelmed 🤯 So many foods, so many things to eat, right? So I like to include them in my diet slowly. For example I decide to eat mushrooms twice a week. When I feel I am used to doing that, I add berries and make a habit out of it too. I take my time and I suggest you do the same, make “ patience and kindness” your best friends.
Have a nice day, G- bombers haha!
Pingback: Fluffy flourless pancakes with homemade blueberry sauce – Body, Mind & Soul on January 8, 2018